Monday, October 11, 2010

Juggling the new diet with the family

Okay, so I will be the first to admit that following a strict diet is a lot harder than it seems.  And when you have a family that doesn't want to always eat healthy, it makes it even more difficult.  Yes, I do understand that this is about me, not them.  And although I shouldn't ask them to change their eating habits, my hope is that they would WANT to change their eating habits so that we can get through this journey together.   Starting this strict diet couldn't have come at a better time....haha, yeah right!  This is probably the worst time of year for me to make this decision....my husband's birthday is just 5 days away, my birthday is next month, and December holds christmas and my son's birthday.  Now what am I to do about birthday cake??  It is such a weakness for me.  Every year for birthday, I ask for one thing.....a birthday cake from KonditorMeister.  If you don't know what that is, check out their webpage   http://www.konditormeister.com/
Their cakes are to die for!!!    But this year it will be different.  Although it will be difficult, I am determined to follow this diet and make all the right changes.....and do it for me!  

Now yesterday happened to be a pretty good day.  I had a normal breakfast (small bowl of multi-gran cheerios with skim milk), a decent lunch (tuna sandwich on wheat bread), and a healthy dinner (boneless, skinless chicken with broccoli and carrots).   We had dinner at about 6pm....and by 8:30 I felt like I was starving!!!  Part of that is because I didn't have healthy snacks in between....partly because I need to make a trip to the grocery store seeing as there really isn't any food in the house.   But anyway, at 8:30 I was soooo tempted to send my husband out for garlic bread with cheese.  And I kept playing it in my head...do I or don't I......well, I finally decided not to do it!  I reminded myself that it wouldn't do me any good and that I needed to stick with my plan and really follow through this time!  

I am always looking for new recipes, and suggestions on how to make healthy meals that my husband and son will eat as well.  So please send me your suggestions and tips :-)

Until next time.....