Friday, October 15, 2010

First required support group

Part of the requirements for pre-surgery is that we attend three seminars/group meetings.  The first one I went to was the new patient informational seminar.  Last night I attended my second meeting.  It was a group meeting for pre-op patients, as well as post-op patients up to 6 months after surgery.  The topic of the meeting was "The Blended Diet".  It was very informative, as they talked about what the diet is going to be for the first 2 weeks.  It is a very strict diet, and they couldn't say enough times that you have to follow the diet precisely!  And hearing some of the post-op patients speak and tell us their experiences so far was really enlightening.  It was very helpful, and I'm so glad that I was there to be able to hear about this topic. 

This whole journey is going to be tough, and I'm glad that I have a great support system of friends and family around me to help me through all of this.

Until next time.....