Monday, October 11, 2010

First trip to the supermarket

Okay, so I made my first trip to the grocery store to pick up a few things that are on the healthier side.  For me, if I don't have the stuff in the house, I will eat all the bad food that's in the house.  So my groceries that I got consisted of the following:  red, yellow, and green peppers....bagged lettuce....mushrooms...cherry tomatoes...skim milk...yogurt....and bananas.  I already had some leftover baked chicken that I will cut up and put into a salad.  I am trying to be as strict as I can, and stay away from all the carbs. 
Tonight's dinner was a true test for me.  My mother-in-law made dinner this evening which consisted of a roasting chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes with gravy, and biscuits.  I was extremely tempted by the mashed potatoes and biscuits...cuz I love them!!!  But instead, I sucked it up and had chicken and green beans.  And boy was that hard to do....but I kept reminding myself that it was worth it to stick with the diet the doctors told me to follow. 

This is about me....and being a healthier me is going to be worth all the hard work.  And for my friends and family who are reading this, I couldn't be doing any of this without your support....so I want to thank you all for your love and support.

Until next time....