Monday, November 8, 2010

Time flies when you're having fun!!!

Well my friends, it has been awhile since I last posted on here.  So I guess I owe all of you an update on what's been going on.  This past friday November 5th, I had my one month follow up with Dr. Sheila Partridge at Newton-Wellesley Hospital's Center for Weight Loss.   Now keep in mind, that one month ago I had to quit smoking, completely change my diet, attend 3 meetings, and start exercising more.  Well, it was a struggle to keep on track, but I pulled it off.  I still had a cheat day and wasn't perfect with my new diet, but for the most part I was able to stick to it and steered myself away from all the tempting bad foods.  I gained more energy by eating healthy...so much energy that I feel like the energizer bunny around the house....I am constantly going, can't sit still!!!!  I'm cleaning, organizing, and trying to find anything to keep me busy.  I try to get out and walk at least 3 times a week, and the other days I'm outside raking leaves, or sometimes I just hop on my motorcycle and go for a ride. 
Anyway, in the end all my hard work paid off.  I officially lost 8.1 pounds!!!!  And the dietician/nutritionist and the doctor were both pleased with my progress...that when the doctor came in to see me, after making sure that I would stay committed to the program, she asked how soon I would like to have the surgery!!!!  I told her "the sooner the better".   So she informed me that she had some openings at the end of this month.  So now I am awaiting a date for surgery once they receive the approval from my insurance company!!! 
I am so excited about this!!!!!!!!!   I feel like I'm on cloud nine!!!  :-)  What better way to celebrate my 34th birthday.....besides my husband getting me the Magic Bullet blender/food processor, this is the greatest present I could ever get!!

As for school, everything is falling in to place.  My financial aid papers have been processed, I have gotten the necessary immunizations/shots, in which that was interesting in itself...seeing as my primary doctor gave me the tetanus shot, and I had an allergic reaction and infection from it and ended up on antibiotics!!  But anyway, I am now awaiting a date for orientation and classes will start January 24th!! 

So all in all, I have a lot to be thankful for and a lot to look forward to in the next few months. 

And I would especially like to thank all my friends who have been helping me through this journey.  A few of you have really been there for me (you know who you are!!) and I couldn't be doing any of this without the support of my very close friends! 

Until next time.....